Our physicians at Remedy Pain Solutions understand that pain reduction and health promotion go hand-in-hand. Because of this, we offer several vitamin infusion therapies to promote the overall well-being of our patients. One such treatment is Myers’ Cocktail infusion therapy.
What is the Myer’s Cocktail?
- A Myers’ Cocktail is an intravenous (IV) vitamin infusion of vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, magnesium, Phosphate, calcium, vitamin C, and other vitamins as determined by your physician. Originally made famous by Baltimore physician John A. Myers in the 1970’s, this infusion therapy has been known to effectively treat several chronic conditions.
The Myer’s Cocktail intravenous (IV) infusion was has been observed helping the body in many ways, including:
- Enhances the immune system
- Reduces fatigue
- Reduces seasonal allergies
- Reduces symptoms of fibromyalgia
- Reduces symptoms of asthma
- Reduces intensity of migraines
- Reduces cardiovascular disease
- Fights upper respiratory tract infections
How is an IV infusion therapy different from oral vitamin supplements?
- A Myers’ Cocktail given by intravenous (IV) infusion is a much more efficient way to receive the benefits of these vitamins than is possible when consuming food and supplements by mouth. Infusion therapy allows vitamins to enter directly into the veins, reaching a much higher level throughout the body and at a much faster rate than with oral ingestion. The absorption of vitamins taken orally may be reduced by diseases such as:
- Leaky gut syndrome
- Bacterial and/or fungal imbalance
How is the infusion performed?
- To perform the procedure, a small needle is used to insert a flexible catheter into a vein. Through this small catheter, the liquid mixture of vitamins is able to be slowly and carefully delivered over the span of about 30 minutes. The most common sensations reported by patients during the infusion are heat and flushing (an effect caused by magnesium), and the taste of vitamins after the infusion begins. At Remedy Pain Solutions, we recommend these vitamin cocktails to be given 1-2 times per week, with benefits typically noted by the fourth visit. Patients with chronic conditions may continue receiving these infusions every 1-4 weeks or as needed for symptom management or energy boosts.
If you are suffering from chronic fatigue or any of the symptoms mentioned above, contact Remedy Pain Solutions to speak with our physicians about how a Myers’ Cocktail may help you.